Volunteer at The Glen
The Glen is always looking for volunteers with a range of skills. Volunteering with The Glen is a valuable opportunity to give back to the community, make new friends and learn some extra skills.
We are passionate about connecting people and learning from each other. Volunteering is also a chance to have fun – we’re always up for a game of touch footy or a yarn.
We run quarterly volunteer info days with a tour of The Glen and info what to expect as a volunteer. If you would like to join us on our next volunteer info day, please register your interest by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles for volunteers
Our daily work program for clients runs from Monday to Wednesday from 10am to 12pm.
It’s an opportunity for clients to develop a positive attitude towards work and learn how to communicate in a team environment.
It helps residents develop a good work ethic to support them when they step back into society.
The skills we’re looking for
We are looking for volunteers with the following skills.
- Horticulture, landscaping and gardening
- Office skills such as administration, IT and filing
- Website and graphic design
- Woodwork, construction and handyman skills
- Cooking: we are currently seeking volunteers to cook and oversee The Glen’s clients as they prepare meals. This involves preparing a simple meal for 40 people while supervising and teaching some basic cooking skills to clients
- Driving: to transport clients to appointments and meetings
What makes a great volunteer
We welcome all the skills you bring and appreciate the following in particular. These skills are important in ensuring that volunteers, our team and our clients have a great experience.
- Patience and ability to teach clients
- Great communication skills (verbal and written)
- Open-mindedness and ability to listen and learn
- Positive and non-judgemental attitude
- Ability to work independently, to plan, prepare and be organised Administration and IT skills (Microsoft Outlook Email & Calendar) to fit in with the team
If you are interested in volunteering, complete the form below.
We work with a range of corporate and government organisations and have hosted secondees from various industries. We also work closely with global law and accounting firms such as Allens Linklaters, Minter Ellison, Clayton Utz and KPMG.
We appreciate the support of our corporate partners.