The Glen is always seeking volunteers to support our daily work program which runs Monday to Wednesday from 10am to 12pm. The work program creates an opportunity for clients who don’t have much experience to develop a positive attitude towards work and learn how to communicate in a team environment. The Glen hopes the boys can carry that attitude and work ethic with them when it’s time to step back into society. We are seeking volunteers to support the work program who have the following skills:
- Horticulture, landscaping and gardening
- Computer and administration
- Construction and handyman skills
From time to time, The Glen requires volunteers for special events or projects. To stay updated on opportunities, please subscribe to our newsletter.
We are currently seeking volunteers to cook and oversee The Glen’s clients as they prepare meals. This involves preparing a simple meal for 40 people while supervising and teaching some basic cooking skills to clients.
From time to time, we require volunteers to transport clients to appointments and meetings.
Office skills to support in administration, IT and filing:
We are seeking volunteers with office skills to support in administration, IT and filing. Anyone with website, graphic design or computing experience is encouraged to apply.
- Administration and IT skills (Microsoft Outlook Email & Calendar) to fit in with the team
- Patience and ability to teach clients
- Great communication skills (oral and written)
- Open-mindedness and ability to listen and learn
- Positive and non-judgemental attitude
- Ability to work independently, to plan, prepare and be organised