ENTRY TO THE GLEN
The steps to becoming a resident of The Glen are :
Step 1. Apply online through the APPLY HERE button (at the bottom of this page).
Step 2. Within 48hrs (the next 2 working days) staff from The Glen will contact you on the number you provide.
Step 3. The Glen intake team may request supporting documents to support your application such as criminal history or medical certificates.
Step 4. Once supporting documents are received and approved, the intake team will contact you to book a telephone assessment with a time and day.
Step 5. Contact The Glen for your telephone assessment and you will be encouraged to start arranging a detox placement.
Step 6. Final acceptance into the program will be given to suitable clients only after all supporting documentation has been approved and confirmation of detox details are received (we work closely with Maruma-li)
- Maruma-li Unit Wyong Hospital 4394 4880
- Lakeview Detox Belmont Hospital 4923 2060
- Nepean Detox 1300 661 050
- Gorman House St Vincent’s Hospital (Sydney) 9361 8080
- Lyndon Detox (Orange) 1300 596 366
Step 7. Final acceptance will be confirmed by a letter from The Glen with an admission date on it.
The steps when you arrive at The Glen are :
1. All clients are to arrive by 11 am on the day stated on their acceptance letter. Please bring personal clothing and toiletries (including laundry detergent). Please contact The Glen on 4388 6360 ASAP if there is any chance of running late for admission.
2. You will be asked for a urine sample for testing. This sample will be tested within 15 minutes and admission to the program will not start until this result has been approved by counselling staff.
3. Only prescribed medications used by the detox centre will be accepted in the urinalysis, when clients arrive with a discharge summary from the detox centre.
IF YOU ARE DEEMED UNSUITABLE FOR ENTRY INTO THE GLEN PROGRAM DUE TO MEDICATION YOU ARE TAKING YOU MUST SEEK PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE TO CEASE TAKING THAT MEDICATION. THE GLEN WILL REQUEST A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE OR REPORT BE PROVIDED TO US BEFORE ANOTHER ASSESSMENT WILL TAKE PLACE.
What to bring with you to The Glen :
- $100 for initial urine test (non-refundable)
- Identification (as much as possible)
- Personal clothing and toiletries
- Reading materials, Radios, iPods or mp3 players (that don’t have internet access)
For more information, please read the Acceptance of Offer Acknowledgement form.
We do not accept clients who have a history of the following types of offences :
- Assault of a serious nature
- Assault or robbery involving a weapon of any description
- Sexual or indecent assault
- Murder or Manslaughter
- Supply a prohibited drug
Police checks may be requested for any of the above.