ENTRY TO THE GLEN
We are unable to accept clients who have a history of the following types of offences :
- Assault of a serious nature
- Assault or robbery involving a weapon of any description
- Sexual or indecent assault
- Murder or Manslaughter
- Supply a prohibited drug
Police checks may be requested for any of the above.
How to become a resident of The Glen :
Step 1. Fill in the online application form by clicking APPLY HERE button at the bottom of this page.
Step 2. You will receive a phone call from a member of The Glen’s intake team on the number you have provided within 2 business days.
Step 3. The Glen’s intake team may ask you for some documents to support your application such as your criminal history or medical certificates.
Step 4. Once your supporting documents have been received and approved, you will be contacted by The Glen’s intake team to arrange a time and date for your telephone assessment.
Step 5. At the arranged time of your telephone assessment, phone the intake team at The Glen on the number provided to you. If you are suitable for The Glen, you will be placed on a waiting list until a bed is available. You will be able to join our pre-rehab program at this stage, to support you while you are waiting for a place. It may be a good idea to apply to other programs to increase your chance of getting the help you need.
Step 6. Final acceptance into the program will only be given to suitable clients after all supporting documentation has been approved and detox confirmation details are received.
Step 7. When you are offered a place at The Glen, you will need to be clean of all substances for 5 days before you enter our program. You will need to arrange your own place in a detox program. Some suggested detox services are:
- Maruma-li Unit Wyong Hospital 4394 4880
- Lakeview Detox Belmont Hospital 4923 2060
- Nepean Detox 1300 661 050
- Gorman House St Vincent’s Hospital (Sydney) 9361 8080
- Lyndon Detox (Orange) 1300 596 366
On the day you arrive at The Glen to start your program :
- All clients are to arrive by 11am on the date given on their acceptance letter. Contact The Glen on 4388 6360 if there is any chance that you will be late for admission.
- You will be asked to complete urine sample for testing. This sample will be tested within 15 minutes and admission to the program will not start until the result has been approved by counselling staff.
- Only prescribed medications used by the detox centre will be accepted in the urinalysis when clients arrive with a discharge summary from the detox centre.