The program at The Glens are based on the Aboriginal Drug and Alcohol Residential Rehabilitation Network (ADARRN) model of care.
The 12-week residential program includes group and one-on-one counselling, support groups and skills building programs. You are expected to join each session that are part of the core program. You can also attend other wellbeing and self-help sessions outside of the core program.
Our program is designed to support you with:
- Individualised case management plans and regular reviews.
- Grief and trauma counselling
- Assist with financial issues that can include budgeting and savings plans.
- Relationship and parenting programs
- Gambling counselling
- Anger management and Relapse Prevention programs.
- 12 step fellowship meetings.
Through The Glen program, you can also learn a range of practical skills to set you up for your return to community. These include:
- Life skills like cooking, gardening, cleaning, and maintaining a home.
- Creating healthy habits in exercise and wellbeing though a simple daily routine
- Community engagement, volunteering and work.
- Education and training to prepare for entry or re-entry to the workforce.
Please see the virtual tour, sample routine and photos on specific pages: