The Glen provides residential alcohol and drug rehabilitation
The Glen offers a long-term residential program which goes for 12 weeks. We have group counselling, one to one counselling, self help groups and work programs, in which all clients are expected to participate. Clients also attend outside self help meetings, usually of an evening.
The cost of a stay at The Glen varies depending on centrelink benefit being received. Newstart $455 per fortnight, DSP $574 per fortnight OR Youth Allowance $420 per fortnight, Board and Lodging. There is an initial fee of $60.00 which is the cost of a urine analysis test. If alcohol or other mind-altering drugs are present in the urine when the client presents for admission, admission will be refused. Clients are entitled to rent assistance from Centrelink.
The Glen offers a safe environment for those people who wish to do something positive about their addictions. We are a Drug and Alcohol free zone. The Glen welcomes all men over the age of eighteen who feel that they could benefit from our program.
Below is an example of a typical week at The Glen:
Resources at The Glen
- We provide clients with all meals, all bed linen and bedding.
- Clients should provide work clothes, going out clothes, personal toiletries, towels and shaving gear.
- Clients have access to a gymnasium for personal use as well as laundry facilities.
- The Glen has a bus to carry clients to meetings and vehicles to transport clients.
- The Glen has common rooms and TV facilities including pay TV facilities.
- The Glen site is convenient to Tuggerah railway station. Refer to contact us page for map/directions.
- The Glen has its own doctor located at Tuggerah and who attends The Glen each week. The doctor devises a comprehensive medical program for each client.
Here is a video of what we got up to in 2018: