The Women’s Advisory Group have starting the planning process!
The first two workshops, held on 20 August 2019 and 10 September 2019 at The Glen, covered key topics for the operational model. These include:
- Intake processes
- Work programs
- Client characteristics and needs
The operational model workstream is working on the premise that The Glen’s model will work for a women’s centre with some modifications.
The next steps are to bring together all the thoughts and ideas into groups and to finalise all the recommendations discussed so far regarding how the centre should operate.
We received the exciting news in April 2019 that the Federal government has committed $9m to make this women’s service a reality! The hard work begins now and in early planning stages. We have 3 separate committees undertaking planning for the centre around Legal, Property and Operations.
Please subscribe to our newsletter at the base of this page to stay updated!
Our Women’s Advisory Group
Our Women’s Advisory Group includes:
- Cheryl Bailey, The Glen Centre Board of Directors
- Madeline Johns, Justice Health
- Danielle Montgomery, UTS Indigenous Health
- Sophie Scobie, Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council
- Robyn Murphy, Aboriginal Health & Medical Research Council
- Lisa Wellington, Waminda
- Vicki Jensen, Women’s Justice Network
- Sally Avery, Central Coast Local Health District
- Georgee Moore, Yerin Aboriginal Health Service
- Robyn Sutherland, Bungree