Friends Of The Glen
The success of The Glen’s programs is built of the strength of our community partners and supporters – Friends of The Glen. There are various ways organisations can support our program :
1. Probono Work
We have a successful history of working with the corporate and government sectors. This includes hosting secondees from :
- Department of Defence
- Fair Work
- Parliamentary Budget Office
We also work closely with global law and accounting firms – Allens Linklaters, Minter Ellison and KPMG. These firms provide invaluable expertise in their respected fields. We are very grateful for their advice on organisational issues and welcome any corporate partners to support us.
It’s not all always about hard work and technical issues though. We are passionate about breaking down barriers and sharing real-life stories from our clients. It’s important to have some fun and we are always up for a game of touch footy with our corporate partners!
2. Employment Partners
We are constantly looking for new employment partners to support our transition clients back into employment, through work experience then potentially a paid job. The clients that The Glen refers to employment partners are clients that need an opportunity or a hand up along their journey, these clients could need the opportunity for a number of reasons and could include the following :
- The clients may have never worked and therefore has no experience within the workforce (In this case the client would need to be job ready before starting the program). This may include attitude and skills training before the work experience program begins.
- The client may have self-confidence issues and the program is about building confidence and skills.
- Has skills and just needs an opportunity to get back into the work environment. The experience invaluable in reintroducing clients to the work force and will assist in future job applications after it is placed on the resume that they have worked with you.
3. Community Organisations
The strength and success of The Glen’s program is owed to the various community organisations who provide their time, services and expertise to The Glen. This includes :
- Relationships Australia
- Gambling Solutions
- Gosford Narara Financial Counselling
- State Debt
- Babana Aboriginal Men’s Group
Partnering with best practice community organisations allows The Glen to provide a high quality service to our clients, efficiently and cost-effectively.
For any organisations who are keen to provide services to our clients, please contact us.
4. Ngaimpe Enterprises
The Glen’s lawn mowing business is a social enterprise set up to provide work skills for clients and to generate income for The Glen. All profits from this business are reinvested into The Glen to support its programs. The Glen has established a social enterprise that provide the following services :
- Lawn mowing
- Garden maintenance (including fertilising and weed control)
- Tree cutting
- Waste removal
Please contact us to arrange a free quote.