The steps to become a resident of The Glen are :
Step 1. Apply online through the APPLY HERE button.
Step 2. Within 48hrs (the next two working days) staff from The Glen will contact you on the number you provide.
Step 3. A phone assessment will commence and supporting documentation (Criminal History etc) will be requested if applicable.
Step 4. Potential clients will be encouraged to start arranging a place for themselves in a detox facility.
Step 5. After clients have arranged for their supporting documentation to be sent to us they are asked to contact us again between 24-48 hours after it was sent.
Step 6. Final acceptance into the program will be given only after all supporting documentation has been approved and confirmation of detox details (we work closely with Maruma)
- Wyong Hospital 43944880
- Belmont Hospital 1300660059
- Nepean Detox 4734133
- Gorman House – Sydney 9361 8082
- Lyndon Detox – Orange 6361 2300
Step 7. Final acceptance will be confirmed with a letter from The Glen with an admission date on it.
The steps when you arrive at The Glen are :
Step 1. All clients are to arrive by 11 am on the day stated on their acceptance letter. Please Personal clothing and toiletries (including laundry detergent)contact The Glen on 4388 6360 ASAP if there is any chance of running late for admission.
Step 2. You will be asked for a urine sample for testing. This sample will be tested within 15 minutes and admission to the program will not start until this result has been approved by counseling staff.
Step 3. Staff will only allow POSITIVE urine samples to be approved for admission into the program when the client has arrived directly from a detox centre (discharge report required).
What to bring with you to The Glen :
- $60 for initial urine test (non refundable)
- Identification (as much as possible)
- Personal clothing and toiletries (including laundry detergent)
- Reading materials, Radios, IPods or mp3 players (that don’t have internet access)
What NOT to bring with you to The Glen :
- Mobile Phones or chargers
- Any device with internet access
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Anything that is deemed dangerous or explosive
- Anything that can be used as a weapon
- Linen (all linen is supplied)
- No vehicles or pets can be stored at The Glen
IF YOU ARE DEEMED UNSUITABLE FOR ENTRY INTO THE GLEN PROGRAM DUE TO MEDICATION YOU ARE TAKING YOU MUST SEEK PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE TO CEASE TAKING THAT MEDICATION. THE GLEN WILL REQUEST A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE OR REPORT BE PROVIDED TO US BEFORE ANOTHER ASSESMENT WILL TAKE PLACE.
The Glen does not have the facilities or trained staff to accept dual diagnosis clients at this time.
We do not accept clients who have a history of the following types of offences :
- Malicious wounding
- Assault or robbery involving a weapon of any description
- Sexual or indecent assault
- Murder or Manslaughter
- Supply a prohibited drug